Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Day 19.248: Aerial

I spent most of the day making my way to San Jose, California - I knew how to get on the right plane - I was trusting that the pilots would know the way. Here are some pictures I took along the way.

Dawn in Portland, Maine

Leaving Portland

The mountains of New Hampshire 

At one point it seemed like the pilot actually didn’t know the way

But it turned out he had to take a longer route to prevent us arriving too early in Chicago

Leaving Chicago

The clouds cleared over Nevada

Farming must be quite an operation here

Near the middle of this photo is the town of Goldfield, Nevada

This is the nearby Lithium mine at Silver Peak

Hammil Valley, California


Bishop, CA

The Sierra Nevada. Yosemite was probably visible from the windows on the north side of the plane

The edge of the desert - everything to the left of this is sand colored

Coming in to land at San Jose airport

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.