Thursday, September 17, 2026

Day 19.250: Sea Otter

At time of writing, I am still in Chicago waiting for a flight home. It’s looking hopeful that I’ll be home while it’s still Thursday, but time will tell. As a result, I haven’t had chance to download and examine my bird pictures to confirm what I saw, that will have to wait until at least tomorrow. I did manage to use the WiFi capability of the camera to download a few photos of this surprise sighting. 

During my first visit to Moss Landing State Beach yesterday, still in the murky morning light I saw something in the water that I first supposed was a rock, then briefly thought it might be a couple of birds - prompting a closer look. It was neither of those things. It was a sea otter just living its best life. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.