Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Day 19.249: Northern California

My day and a half in California is nearly over. I leave to fly back early tomorrow morning. Today I managed to squeeze in: the meeting/training session I came to do, lunch with my colleagues in the Artichoke Center of the World (a small town called Castroville) and two sessions of birding at Moss Landing State Beach (one at dawn and the other in the mid-afternoon. Most of the interesting photos are in camera purgatory until I get home, but here are a few from my phone.

Birds at dawn

There's a sea otter in this photo - but you might have to take my word for it for today

Moss Landing Jetty

No great surprise to see a sandy beach on this blog, but that's the Pacific Ocean (Monterey Bay) for a change


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.