Monday, May 5, 2014

Day 7.115: Popham Beach State Park

Our main destination on our trip on Saturday was Popham Beach State Park. I'd been there before on my own, but was keen to share the rugged beauty of the place with everyone else.

We had a marvelous time!

One of our first discoveries was a Christmas tree. I'm not sure if it had been left here, blown here or washed here, but we decided it needed to be standing up, so we "planted" it in the sand!


 There was plenty of it - room for everyone to spread out!


Then we got down to important business (sadly my close-up of the castle didn't come out for some reason).


This time, we were there at low tide and able to get out onto the tidal island I looked longingly at last time. We climbed to the top for a panoramic view.


One part of the panorama reminded me that the castle was probably being washed away by now:


I wonder if I can get a close-up to see...


And in the other direction, the other islands across the glistening sea.


It's a special place, but I gather quite different once the weather attracts the rest of the beach-lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.