Thursday, May 29, 2014

Day 7.139: Serendipity and the demise of a hot-tub

On Monday, I was still trying to fix the hot-tub plumbing. Eventually I got it to the point where it was no longer leaking from my new joints when I put a few inches of water in. Knowing that it had to survive a couple of feet of water and the additional pressure of the pump I was not overly confident.

But I kept filling. And then it was full, and still not leaking.

So I powered it on and the motor started purring. Still no leaks.

I tried the jet pump. Lots of bubbles, all was still looking secure with my new plumbing.

Then I saw it. Water pouring out under a different side of the pool. Pouring like a tap was open.

I rapidly hooked up the hose to the drain so we could control where at least some of the water was going. Then I remembered that Exile #2 had been spreading grass seed (strange blue grass seed) on our sad dead lawn (quite possibly as a result of a more chemical-laden hot-tub emptying last year - we're just guessing.) So the seeds got a good watering, with the help of the hose, a dipped in watering can and an occasional bucketful from E5N1.


We also called it for the hot-tub and decided that rather than throw any more time and money at trying to get it working, we would just arrange to have it removed and get on with our pool-less lives.

Farewell and thanks for all the leaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.