Saturday, September 9, 2017

Day 10.242: Camera obscura

E5N1 came home with a great project to start the homework season - to turn a room in the house into a camera obscura. Knowing this, I was less surprised than I might have been to come back from my run this morning to find this scene:


It took some experimentation to balance brightness and clarity by varying the hole size and photographing the results was a blind activity (including manual focus) since I could literally see only black through my camera viewfinder, but I was able to get these photos (turned right way up for your convenience) of Exile #2 dancing around the back yard and the shed:


As we were about to pack-up, E5N1 noticed that I had the trees projected on me as I walked to the door, so I got him to pose for a picture in the same position:


It was an excellent project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.