Monday, September 25, 2017

Day 10.258: Mass destruction

My main contribution to the garden is to cut the grass fairly regularly, but yesterday was one of those days when I was tempted into my other main gardening mode - mass destruction.

First, Exile #2 set me to work weeding a small bed with the instructions - these are the only three plants that are supposed to be here - and I happily ripped everything else out.

The other job was to do something about this bush at the side of the house that was rather leggy and messy and - apart from a few weeks in the spring - rather ugly (picture is an old screen-grab from a Google drive-by). We debated ripping it out, but in the end decided on major kill-or-cure pruning - below is Exile #2 apparently wondering what I talked her into:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.