Sunday, July 8, 2018

Day 11.179: Exile #2's Sunday Column #212

Exile #2 writes...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I had a lovely day yesterday looking at art,


eating at one of our favorite restaurants, and enjoying the birthday cake that the kids did a great job of baking. I was sent away so that they could do it without me seeing, although I did have to answer the odd question, such as, “Is this baking soda the stuff we’re supposed to use? The packet is covered in pictures of laundry and cleaning.” (fair point, it was). My favorite moment, however, was when one young Exile asked if I knew where the baking flour was. I thought it best to double check, “Do you actually mean baking powder?” The young Exile disappeared to check, only to return and confirm what I had suspected that it was actually baking powder that they needed. That hiccup averted, the cake turned out beautifully.

Today has brought us back down to earth with a bump, as a rash Exile #3 had had for a few days, and which we assumed was a heat rash brought on by our 90+ degree days, turned out to be a case of hand, foot and mouth. She seems to be doing a bit better at this end of the day but now we are hoping everyone else doesn’t succumb. There are quite a few plans that could be derailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.