Monday, August 9, 2021

Day 14.211: Taking chances at the Heath

We didn't see a lot of wildlife at Saco Heath on Saturday morning - a chipmunk and some crows and...


I'm rather pleased with the picture of the red squirrel because I only had time to take one - we heard it scurrying down the tree, it paused for a moment - shutter - and then darted down and into the undergrowth. The camera was set to manual focus because of the pitcher plants as well.

The bottom right photo is - I'm almost sure - a common raven. We saw it flying and it looked too big to be a crow and when I looked at this photo, I believe that the tail shape is probably diagnostic, although I wish I had a good photo of it in flight. The top right photo - well, it's a crow or a raven - I can't tell - but I took the chance to grab a few photos as it flew by just in case - and yes - I still don't know. Maybe next time I'll be more certain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.