Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Day 10.014: No snow day

The call came at around 5:30 am - no school today due to the weather. A snow day? Well, not really. It had snowed overnight and we got a little more during the morning, but this was a messy winter mix.  Snow followed by freezing rain followed by sleet (ice pellets) followed by a bit more snow and eventually plain non-freezing rain.

All of which added up to not very much (but note the icicles):


Not much - that is - until I tried to clear the driveway. It was basically an inch and a half of heavy wet ice by then (no I don't know how that's possible either). The roads remained pretty treacherous all day and it was definitely the right decision to keep the school buses off them (and for me to work from home), but I can't bring myself to call it a "snow day".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.