Monday, August 7, 2017

Day 10.209: ...and back to the beach

After Saturday's craziness - a race and a gig - it was something of a miracle that I managed to drag myself out of bed early to run on Sunday morning and even more of a miracle that my legs cooperated to carry me 18 miles. They certainly were not entirely happy about it, but hard runs on Saturday followed by long runs on Sunday are the normal pattern of my marathon training weekends this cycle so it made sense to try.

I'll be the first to admit that marathon training is a kind of madness, but I think everyone could appreciate one of the things I love about long runs in the summer - making it down to the beach early in the morning and seeing sights like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.