Friday, July 16, 2021

Day 14.187: What do you miss?

One of the questions I've been asked fairly often during the Exile is "What do you miss from the UK?" Often, it seems the question is about food. I usually have struggled to think of something. I like food a lot, but there isn't any one thing that I have to have (that we don't have easy access to anyway).

A week or so ago Exile #2, for reasons she cannot explain, suddenly felt the need for this particular lime pickle:


and was able to source some (probably at a significant mark-up). It's a flavor sensation that it was fun to introduce the kids to (except Exile #3 whose tastes are generally on the milder-side). We will enjoy it while it lasts, and when it's gone I will do fine without it. As for Exile #2, time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.