Saturday, March 7, 2015

Day 8.056: Beginning of the weekend

I'm back into marathon training again. You may have noticed due to the quality of the blog posts. At the moment I'm running 60 miles or so per week and taking one day off - Sunday. This means that breakfast time on Saturday after my long run feels like the start of the weekend but going to bed on Friday night does not.

This morning I ran 17 miles with 10 at marathon pace. As ever at this point in the training programme I ask myself if I seriously think I can run 26.2 miles at the pace I just ground-out 10 at, but it's worked before so I will grind on!

After breakfast we went to the Saco Farmers market at the old mill buildings to meet some friends. We had a nice time and as we were leaving spotted this extraordinary icicle. We're becoming connoisseurs thanks to our garage roof display. This one seems to have a metalwork-assist but it looks quite striking anyway.


And now, despite not having to get up to run in the morning, I'd better get to bed as we are losing an hour of sleep to a different cause - the beginning of daylight savings time. What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.