Saturday, March 28, 2015

Day 8.077: 70 mile week day 6: Done

I've been documenting my first attempt to run a 70 mile week. It started on Monday.

The running forum I post to to discuss marathon training had a conversation a week or so ago about the dangers of "process goals" - artificial milestones in training that are not directly related to the goal of the training (i.e. to run a fast marathon). You could argue that the 70 mile week was one such goal and therefore I should not care whether I achieved it or not. On the other hand, it was a regular week in my training schedule and, as one of the peak mileage weeks, it was fairly important to complete it if I could.

So could I?

Yes I could, thanks to 18 miles including 12 at marathon pace this morning (5 am alarm).


So there it is, 71 miles in 10 hours with a day to spare. I will be enjoying my scheduled rest day tomorrow.

As for next week - it's another 70 mile week - but I promise to try my best to write some posts about other things - but bear in mind that I'll probably be a little tired at blog post writing time.

"Running" total: six days, seven runs, 71.2 miles. I'm done!

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Actually 68.x is the most I've run in a week, so you've got me beat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the cheer! However, the real question is, will I beat your marathon time?

      Delete

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.