Monday, March 16, 2015

Day 8.065: Museums on standby?

It's been two years since I was home on St Patrick's Day. Last year I was nearing the end of my exile-from-exile in my apartment in Portland and the year before I was in Korea. So I had an excuse for forgetting the annual excitement of leprechaun-trap building.

Everyone else will have to furnish their own excuses, because as of dinner time nobody in the house had remembered.

Exile #4 and E5N1 gave it their best shot in the time we allowed them - decorating a box, baiting it with gold paperclips and cunningly making them sticky with double-sided tape even the one in the middle with the arrows which at a glance appears to be free of tape.


So, it's a tricksy trap, but will it work? If it does E5N1 told us he will scoop up the trapped leprechaun in a bag (with some air holes) and take it to a museum. Although after that he wasn't so sure how things would go, "They'll probably have to kill it so it can go on display..." Yikes! Let's hope it doesn't come to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.