Thursday, March 19, 2015

Day 8.068: Littoral litotes

I mentioned the other day that I'd been for a run along the coast and hadn't seen the sea because it was still dark. What I missed were views (looking out over the littoral zone) like this:


That was on Saturday during my long run - not too bad.*






* This is an example of litotes.

One of the words in Exile #3's rather tricky-sounding spelling test today was "hyperbole" (it's the best thing ever!) which started a conversation about examples of hyperbole and litotes. Our kids have the most fun at the dinner table!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I remember when we saw that hyperbole on a T-shirt. LOL! Now I'm going to Google "litotes" to see if it has a T-shirt too! (Excuse this being a few days late - I'm binge-blog-reading....)

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.