Thursday, March 26, 2015

Day 8.075: 70 mile week day 4: T is for...

I'm documenting my first attempt to run a 70 mile week. It started on Monday.

...ten miles, toe chafing and trouble getting out of bed.

It took me twenty minutes to drag myself out of bed after my first alarm went off at 4:30 am this morning. Still, I eventually got out of the house and did my assigned ten miles - to the beach and back.

I arrived at shore at about half an hour later than I had yesterday, but the view was rather less spectacular - just a flat blue light and I don't think the 30 minutes was the decisive factor.


I didn't notice my toe was hurting until later in the day. I've wrapped it up and cut my nails - hopefully that will prevent any further damage.

It's been quite a week outside of running too, but perhaps you're beginning to see why I don't always have the energy to tell a compelling story at the end of the day.

"Running" total: four days, five runs, 47.3 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.