Friday, July 18, 2014

Day 7.189: Eastern Trail at Scarborough Marsh

Due to the rather wet weather we had after our weekend break, we didn't get out with my parents during their last few evenings here. This evening, sadly without their company, we did one of the strolls we'd thought of doing earlier in the week.

We walked across Scarborough Marsh on the Eastern Trail. My previous visit here was during a long run back in April. This is from near the same place as I took those rather brown shots - the marsh was rather greener today:


We saw lots of flowers and birds including snowy egrets (mid top) and glossy ibis (bottom right and middle) and what I think must have been a small group of willets flying overhead (one pictured bottom left)


We also saw some impressive aerobatics as a swallow mobbed a tern a little way off:


At one point we saw a group of photographers staking out a tree by the trail. I think they must have been on an organised walk because when their "prey" flew away and they moved on, they were not overly sure what it was. I caught some photos as it flew by:


They thought it was a cooper's hawk, but I haven't yet convinced myself.

Overall it was a beautiful evening and a lovely evening walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.