Thursday, July 31, 2014

Day 7.202: A big (short) race

All my races to date have been fairly small local ones. The last half marathon I ran had 238 finishers, my 2014 marathon had 621, my 2013 marathon 939. Today I went to the expo for my race on Sunday Saturday. They had police directing traffic for just the first of two days of people showing up to pick up their race numbers.

Last year this race had 6247 finishers.


The expo was a little more well-attended than I'm used to, and the start-line will also be a bit of a culture-shock I expect.

I'm hoping to be done with the 6.2 miles in something close to 40 minutes but, even if I succeed, that will mean I cross the line about twelve minutes behind the winner. This is not your average local race!

2 comments:

  1. Woot! Good luck! That is larger than any but the biggest marathons I have run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It's quite exciting to be going to such a big event. The elite participant list is pretty impressive too. Link.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.