Sunday, July 27, 2014

Day 7.198: Exile #2's Sunday Column #15

Exile #2 writes...

In upstate NY, we came to expect firefly season right around my birthday. Well, my birthday came and went with no sightings. I have to admit to having been disappointed. It is a magical experience walking in the evening just as they are starting to send out their pulses of light. Once your eyes adjust, you find yourself surrounded by sparkles (a bit like in Cinderella before the fairy godmother appears!). There are no fireflies in UK, so it's still a novelty for us to see them although, I was beginning to think we had moved too far north. Much to my delight, however, they have arrived, like most things (but not the end of term!) two weeks later than in Albany.

In other news...there is no other news. Well, that's not exactly true. The week has involved much Lego action, cartoon drawing, knitting, hair clip creating, game playing, baking, jigsaw solving, obstacle course construction, etc. etc. but apart from that it's been fairly quiet. I won't steal phase 2 of Exile #1's Saturday report but I will say that once again we enjoyed a great meal out, this time at Boone's in Portland and are feeling very fortunate to live somewhere where food is lovingly prepared.


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.