Saturday, July 19, 2014

Day 7.190: Pork and park

Thanks to Exile #2 and a couple of the kids going in search of a big hunk of meat yesterday, today was for smoking. After a quick trip for Exile #4, E5N1 and myself to get haircuts, I got the charcoal heating, the wood-chips soaking  and the spices mixing to make pulled pork.

My standard recipe (I have used others - but this is my fall-back) is from Dad's Awesome Grilling Book. - although I do shun the "move to the oven" step in favour of keeping the grill hot (after all, s'mores will also be expected). In the book, the author suggests that pulled-pork day might be a day to get a job-you've-been-putting-off done such as tidying the garage and, as it turned out, that is a job that was on our list.

It's not super-urgent to be able to get the cars in the garage at this time of year, but it will be important later and - when that time comes - we'll be ready!


We also had some yummy pulled pork sandwiches for dinner - and there's plenty more for another day or three.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.